COVID-19 * SAFE WORK – SAFETY PLAN
The Junction has implemented a series of Protocols and Policies to ease employee concerns while creating a safe workplace. These protocols and Policies will be known as the Safe Work “Safety Plan” and have been adapted from information provided by WorkSafe BC, ABLE BC and Vancouver Coastal Health. Reassuring our guests, as well as the general public that we are providing a safe environment to maintain some social atmosphere played an important role in creating the Safe Work “Safety Plan”
- It is mandatory that all Staff disclose the following information, and will NOT be permitted to return to work at this time if they have:
- travelled outside BC in the past 14 days
- come in contact with a person/or area known to have COVID-19
- have a fever/or display symptoms of COVID-19
- Staff are required to have a temperature check, when arriving for work. Any employee displaying a temperature of 38oC will be sent home and not permitted to remain within the venue.
- All staff members must wash their hands regularly, after leaving service areas, handling cash, after routine cleaning, and before and after their shift.
- Our staff room is only accessible and limited to ON-Duty employees
- Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied for all employees to use. These items include non-medical masks, as well as disposable aprons for dishwashing and gloves
- We have implemented that all deliveries are documented with arrival time and company as well as all items are sanitized prior to being put away
- For food and drink service; servers have been instructed to minimize contact by leaving the items at the closest point at the table and allow guests to dispersed
- Hand Sanitizer stations have been installed at various locations throughout The Junction. This includes a Sanitizer station located at the entrance, and guests are encouraged to use it prior to entering the venue.
- Staff reserve the right to respectfully refuse the service to any guests that are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. This will help eliminate the spread, as well as create a safe environment for the other guests and employees.
- The room is designed for a maximum of 6 patrons at some tables, and patrons are encouraged to maintain the social distancing
- Patrons are to be 2 meters from each other, unless at the same table
- Patrons will be encouraged to use credit/debit as a form of payment if possible
- Patrons are seated by a member of staff and are required to remain seated at all times, they may get up to leave or use the bathroom
- Patrons are required to wear a mask during entry, going to the bathroom or exiting the venue
- The capacity has been reduced to adhere to the guidelines and recommendation of the Ministry of Health in regards to events
- Signage is being placed at the front entrance, as well as throughout the venue to notify patrons of the Rules, Direction of Service and General Guidelines
- Plexiglass has been installed at the bar between the staff and patrons, as well as plastic panels at some areas throughout the room to ensure proper distancing
- Markers have been created to notify guests if a table has been cleaned, sanitized and safe to sit at. Sanitization will include tables, chairs and surrounding area.
- Items including Salt & Peppers, Cutlery, Coasters, Tent Cards will not be left on tables.
- Standard drink and food menus are not being used at this time, the menu has been posted on our website and can be accessed through a QR Code, as well as a laminate version is available on request
- Handwashing instructions will be posted at all sinks, including the bathrooms, kitchen and staff areas